Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sisters Retreat

2 years ago we had a perfect addition to our family, my sister-n-law, Lauren. We planned a sisters retreat to have some serious California fun. Mom, myself, Brooke and Lauren played non-stop and did some serious bonding! Here are some pictures from our weekend together:
To kick off the weekend right, we wanted to do a session at the Newport Beach Temple. Unfortunately my recommend expired two weeks ago, and I completely forgot to renew it. Whoops!
So instead we headed to Sprinkles for a 4 dollar cupcake. Ridiculous! I can now say I've tried it, and do not even get what the big deal is? I think cupcakes from a cake mix are better than those. LOL!

We made and wrapped some very addictive caramels.
We went shopping in LA in search of some pieces of jewerly and a few other things. After we got home, we snuck into our pjs and got straight to work on our charm necklaces.
We made neckalces similar to these, my camera would not co-operate in taking a picture of my necklace. I stamped all of my kids names on 3 separate charms. Darling!
The results of our morning pedicures.
I had to take a picture of my lunch, the presentation was so pretty. This guy was hilarious! We watched him from the balcony where we were eating. He was singing at the top of his lungs with a cardboard guitar at this busy intersection. I'm sure he had some loose screws.

5 comments:

Melly said...

Oh, good times. Nothing like the ladies out on the town.

Meghann said...

I hear you on the cupcake thing. Last December my mom and Nathan came to visit and we went to try the ever so over rated Sprinkles cupcakes. I don't know what I was expecting. It tasted just like a regular old cupcake. I wanted my $4 back.

You should try Nothing Bundt Cakes. I Think they have one in Salt Lake. It is such a cute little store and they really do have fabulous cake. They have a website.

Anniebananie said...

Kristin,Looks so fun! Cute sisters and mom, makes me want to go to Cali. Glad you had fun:).

The Haley Family said...

SO FUN! I did this a few years ago with Matt's sisters and mom in Park City! So fun! Teach me how to do the stamped necklace! I've wanted one so bad but can't pay the prices they are going for. HELP!

Takara said...

So much fun! We all need a girls' break like that every once in a while. Good for you! :)