Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cravings

I have become the smoothie queen! My body ( and the little creation within me) is always craving a cold, fruity smoothie. Back in my college days I used to work for Jamba Juice, and it was a fun job. It was in Provo and was always hoppin. I can still remember some of the recipes of many favorites. I thought I would share a couple of my creations that are pretty darn good.

Chocolate banana protein smoothie

1 C lowfat milk
1/2 frozen banana
1 T peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 C ice

It is always best to use frozen bananas, it makes the consistency of your smoothies creamier in my opinion. I like this protein powder you can buy at WalMart or Target. Costco has a really great powder as well.


Banana berry smoothie

1 C lowfat milk
1/2 frozen banana
3 strawberries
1/3 C blueberries
1/2 C vanilla yogurt
agave nectar to taste
1 C ice
I also love the Green Machine and you can find that recipe on my blog in the November postings. If you ever want to add a little fiber to your smoothies, you can add some wheat germ. I little bit of flax seed meal is an excellent addition too. I think smoothies are a guilt free meal that is good for you and full of many nutrients, so drink up!

3 comments:

The Haley Family said...

I am totally trying those this week! I love that protein too!!!

Michelle said...

I love making protein shakes/ smoothies. I do the chocolate peanut butter banana one as well. I have used almond butter in place of PB. You're a good little creator with so many yummy ideas!

Melly said...

Thanks for sharing....I am a bit of a smoothie freek myself. I am looking forward to these!