Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend events

I was able to go to a Hollywood Couples Party but without my other half. Chris's brother came into town for just a couple of days, so they spent time together while I got to party. Can you guess who I am? Katherine Zetta Jones from Zorro. (Chris was supposed to be Zorro.) The party was fun filled with a red carpet, paparazzi, food, costume awards, and karaoke.
Don't these look scrumptious!! I had to make some cookies for a fireside, and if anyone knows me well, I like to think outside the box. So I dipped Peanut butter cookies in chocolate. YUM!!!
A birthday cake I made for a dear friend, Banana Pudding Cake. If you would like the recipe, just let me know. I baked a lot this weekend and am ready for a break.
Chris's brother Trey came to visit us from Washington State to go to a BYU game. Trey got back in February from serving in Iraq. I was able to sit with him for some time and hear some of the trials and challenges he faced over there. He also shared with me some of the physical challenges he now has. WOW!! He had some very humbling stories to share. This guy is amazing and I am so incredibly grateful for his service and sacrifice and all the other military men who serve on our behalf so we can be free.

4 comments:

Anon said...

Hey Kristen, Patty brought me an invitation to her bag party I told her I was going to sent it on to you. Please let anybody else know.

It is at Patty's house on 11/18
11088 Via Encantada Way
7-9 pm. She has great bags:)

Annelise said...

Dang it I totally should have called you to see the movie. Those cookies are makingmy mouth water.

Alison said...

You are amazing! You wanna teach me how to make those yummy treats?! Even Chris' cake looks home made. You Go Girl!!!

Michelle said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!