Saturday, February 6, 2010

So worth it!

My whole life I have driven back and forth from Utah and Orange County. It is a 9 hour drive without kids, and an 11 hour drive with kids. Every time I do it, it is so worth it!! This trip was exactly what the doctor ordered. I was very grateful to get out of cold Utah and into the 65 degree warmth of OC. California is right next on the list to Christmas morning for the kids. Being able to go to grandma's house, reunite with cousins, and an adventure to Disneyland are highly anticipated by McKay and Madison. Here is a peek at some of the fun:I would often check on my Trent to see how he was doing throughout the car ride, and this is what I would see. One happy kid!
The kids love to take turns with the neck pillow, but it doesn't work that great on them. Ouch!
We had to visit the beach but it was a little chilly so we thought a razor ride would be perfect. The minute the kids saw sand the razors were on the sidewalk left behind while they went to dig, dig, dig.
Lovely! Couldn't wait to have all that sand in the car.
Awww. Home sweet home.
What a perfect day at Disneyland! The weather was great, and hardly no line waiting. If you are planning to go down, go in Feb!
Loved these guys! I really want an outfit like that!
Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
My sister is 9 months prego and was brave enough to come with us. The girl is ready to pop!
Me and my Madison taking a break after Space Mountain.
Watching a movie at Grandma's surrounded by some of her darling quilts.

5 comments:

Chris, Amy and the girls said...

Oh how we love So Cal and Disneyland! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Lucky! :)

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

It sounds worth it! Glad you all had fun!

Charlynn said...

Makes me want to go :)

Melly said...

I always love going home. No matter how long you have lived away there is nothing like going back no matter where or how far. I am heading to disneyland in a few weeks to hang with my sister and her family....Yeay!

The Haley Family said...

what a fun trip!!! The warm sun is what I need right now as I watch the snow falling outside! You are so beautiful too!