Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ode to My Dust Buster


Hand-held vacuum, I love you so
The way you clean messes to and fro

You came into my life one Christmas morn
My Walmart purchase, where you were born

Six times a day you come off my wall
To pick up my kids crumbs, from the mouths they fall

I’d keep you on my belt loop if I could
We’d stick together like a nail in wood

Sometimes I think it's pointless to put you back,
Surely in three minutes, there will be another splat

Together we visit the bathroom and kitchen floors
And make sure there are specks, dirt and hair no more

Thank you for keeping my house so very neat
And for tidying up all that we did not eat

Black & Decker Dust Buster is the name you bear
This ode's to you.........for always being there

5 comments:

Anon said...

I am wiping away the tears on your behalf. Hang in there:( maybe tomorrow can be a trip to walmart day and though you can never replace what you once had hopefully you can find joy in the next one.

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

What a brilliant salute. I actually stood at attention and saluted my vacuum in your dust busters honor.

The Haley Family said...

hmmm...maybe I need to invest in one! I think I just might!!

Jacobson Five said...

We love our Dustbuster as well. Unfortunatly we lost the little piece inside that keep the garbage in, so now it isn't as fun to use. We really need to invest in a new one.

Alison said...

Seriously, why sweep when you can vacuum?! It's the greatest cleaning tool EVER!