Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. George

Family getaway to St. George..... The weather was beautiful, 65-70 degrees. We enjoyed swimming, eating out, concretes at Nielsen's Frozen Custard(this is the best ice cream/frozen custard you will ever eat). They also have locations in Holladay and Bountiful. We enjoyed hiking the red rock at Pioneer Park. However, the highlight of the trip for me was the Visitors Center at the St. George Temple.

Our family loved a new exhibit there called: God's Plan for His Family. The exhibit takes about 20 minutes total. What's cool is you physically move throuch each station of life every 3-5 minutes with the video clips. It keeps the kids' attention while offering a great opportunity for children to learn and feel the spirit. I highly recommend it!




5 comments:

The Haley Family said...

those pictures are really cool! I love the ones of the kids inside the mini cave! What a fun time!

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

Sounds like a great trip! I will be sure to visit the visitors center at the temple, that sounds really cool. Glad you had fun!

Cook Family said...

your vacation looks glorious--I could stand a warm vacation at this point!

Alison said...

I LOOOOOVE that cute bag! So very crafty! Burke and I are heading to Moab in 2 weeks. I can't wait to get warm.... and maybe even TAN!

Steve and Lauren said...

Can't wait for you guys to come down to CA next month to play!