Monday, April 20, 2009

California

We were so excited to go to California for a visit with family. We arrived Saturday night, just in time for Easter. The kids went on a search to find their easter baskets that the easter bunny hid. I was sure to make it a challenge. In the end they found them, and indulged.
The kids and their cousins ready for church.
My mom put together an easter egg hunt for the kids. She color coded the eggs so there would not be competition. Everyone was assigned their own color of eggs. Brilliant mom!!
My brother Stephen and his wife Lauren. The kids just adore them!
Some of the eggs had tickets in them. The kids got to turn in their tickets to Grandma for books, Mcdonald's dollars, and fun toys.
I wanted to take my kids to a park I went to many times as a kid. We headed off to Eisenhower park for a picnic and some playtime.
My sister Brooke, Eddie, Brigg, and Trenton.
We enjoyed a day visiting Shamu and his friends. McKay and Madison admiring the moray eels.
Petting the sting rays.
Shamu and his lovely wife.
I had to make a stop at one of my favorites, Trader Joes. I stocked up on lots of dried fruits, sesame sticks, and honey wheat pretzels. Love those healthy snacks.
We enjoyed a perfect day at Laguna Beach. I thought this picture was so precious.
Madison exploring the tide pools.


Trenton did not care for the sand at first. He kept lifting his foot up and wanted me to brush it off. He finally learned to enjoy digging in it.
We went shopping at the Garment District in LA. I went with my mom, Aunt Julie, cousins, and my sister-n-law, Lauren.
This is some padded underwear you can actually buy. So funny!
Brooke(my sister) was thrown a surprise 30th birthday party by her hubby Ed at a Newport Beach park. One of the guests challenged Brooke to sing "Respect" on the table for a 200 dollar check.

The 200 dollar check Brooke received for her solo. It was all a big joke, she never really received 200 dollars.
My brother Stephen,his wife Lauren, and me.I got a little teary eyed while we took this picture. I am so grateful and truly blessed for such a wonderful family. I enjoyed every minute with them. Orange County is truly such a beautiful place to live. I asked myself often, "Why am I living in Utah?" Then I would remember, our mortgage would be three times higher! Someday we will end up there, someday.

7 comments:

Steve and Lauren said...

miss you guys already! We had a blast!

Anon said...

I am so glad you got to go and see your family, they sound amazing. It is hard to live away:(

edandbrooke said...

It was so much fun hanging out with the Hoffmann's. I love you!

Unknown said...

Oh this makes me jealous. I want a trip to Orange County. Too bad we each have more kids or I would convince you to drive with me again. That was such a good trip. You look great, too!

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

Oh Kristin, I got homesick reading your post and I'm not even from there! I'm so glad you had such a great time, I'm sure it was hard to leave. For what it's worth we LOVE that you live in Utah because you are just so wonderful!

p.s. You do look so great, always!

The Haley Family said...

what a great trip! Spending time with family is always precious!! You look fantastic!!

Jocelyn said...

im such a bad cousin, i forgot steven was married.... you guys look awesome and it looks like you had fun and you know you love utah deep down inside...hahaha