
About once a month we have breakfast for dinner. It's fun to change things up a bit. Barefoot Contessa are my most favorite cook books. Ina Garten really knows how to bring great flavor into food. These pancakes are the best pancakes you will ever eat. The lemon zest really gives it an amazing fresh flavor.
1 1/2 C flour
3 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 C sour cream
2 large eggs
1 t pure vanilla
1 t lemon zest
butter
2 ripe bananas
pure maple syrup
In a medium bowl, sift flour,sugar,baking powder, and salt. Whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.
Melt 1 T of butter in large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles. Ladle the pancake batter into pan. Cook pancakes until nicely browned. Wipe out pan with paper towel, add more butter to the pan, and continue cooking pancakes until all the batter is used. Serve with sliced bananas, butter, and maple syrup.
3 comments:
So I can't wait to try the pancakes. My blog is comicalconovers.blogspot.com and the recipe blog I talked about is my kitchen cafe I put a link from my blog. Enjoy.
These look yummy. I need to share a banana pancake recipe with you someday! Maybe I need to make them for you first though. :)
I want to try those....maybe in the morning. I have 2 bananas in the house.
Post a Comment