1 month ago
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Palisades
We were invited to go camping with some friends at Palisades State Park. It's near Sterling and about a 5 minute drive south of Manti for those who are wondering. It is an ideal place for camping. Campsite by a lake, grassy areas for tents, trails for bike riding, showers and toilets, and a golf course. BUT....why didn't anyone tell me camping with small children can be a nightmare? We planned on staying 3 days and attending the Miracle Pageant in Manti but ended up only staying 1 1/2 days. (The rain also scared us away.) I love to camp, but had never done it with three children and near water. Fun, but not relaxing at all! At least two(wonderful) people brought us Trent on different occasions. Literally turn our backs for two seconds and he's gone....and near water = stress.
McKay going for a ride with the big girls.
The first day was lots of fun. The kids were entertained all day playing in the water and sand while I soaked up some sun.
Dig,dig,dig.
The scenery was beautiful.
Here come the rain clouds, we're outta here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was so much fun, but I am so happy I left Josh home:)
I'm always amazed when we camp and I have to remind myself that it is supposed to be fun. There are definitely fun moments, but the water factor terrifies me. I completely understand!
Love the water but stongly dislike camping. My idea of perfect camping is a houseboat at lake Powell but I think you already know that :) Looks like you had a great time though!
Remember why Powell was so stressful for me??? And Anthony is not so much a great camper. Palisades is a great place to visit. Glad you had fun while it lasted.
Post a Comment