By no means am I a skinny gal! l have always enjoyed learning about nutrition and exercise. Maybe someday when I have the time to go back to school, I will go into dietetics or exercise science. I just thought I would share some of my favorite foods to snack on during the summer. My thoughts are that this spread at least helps me to maintain or someday reach my eternal goal of losing ten pounds. He, He. Go Lean Crunch is a great tasting cereal with LOTS of crunchiness. It is full of protein and fiber and is the only cereal that keeps me feeling full. 200 calories for 1 cup, then top it off with some berries. I love Yoplait Whips because it is like eating mousse, 140 cal and 2 grams of fat. When I am craving sugar I reach for sugar free rice pudding(60 cal) or an Otter Pop(only 25 cal). No time to eat? Just grab a Slimfast in a can to go. It's like drinking some chocolate milk! To get my water in for the day, I have a 32 oz. water bottle that I fill up first thing in the morning. I try to drink that by lunch time, and then fill it up again for the rest of the day. It's easy to chug more when it is at room temp. in my opinion. Frozen grapes are perfect for the hot summer. It is like a little bite size popsicle that bursts in your mouth! A bag of Cranberry/Spiced apples is less than 4 $ at Costco, so good and of course one serving of fruit. I don't have it pictured here, but I learned of these delicious whole grain pretzel rods from a friend. They too are found at Costco, they are in a tall container with a green lid. I love them better that regular pretzels! Have a hard time getting the veggies in? I find it beneficial to cut up all my veggies and keep them in a tupperware container in the fridge. (Remember to have a variety of colors) Last of all, I need to put in a plug for the Marcona almonds from Costco! They are blanched almonds from Spain and lightly salted with sea salt. What are some of your favorites?
1 week ago
2 comments:
This is a great post, Kristin! You have to take those pretzel rods and dip them in the Costco hummus. That's a real treat. Also, Activa pro-biotic yogurt (cheaper @ Costco) is my fave. Mini sweet peppers (from Costco too!) dipped in hummus is another yummy. I love the Go-Lean Crunch as well. I live for it everyday. I like the yellow box and again- Costco! It's also good to just munch on dry. Reese Witherspoon does that too! These look like some good food choices. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing your tricks and secrets. Always looking for great and "good 4 you" snacks!
Post a Comment